His name might not be familiar to many, but his songs are sung by millions around the world. Today, we take a journey through the life and work of Yip Harburg, the Broadway lyricist who wrote such hits as "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?" and who put the music into The Wizard of Oz. Born into poverty on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, Harburg always included a strong social and political component to his work, fighting racism and poverty. A lifelong socialist, Harburg was blacklisted and hounded throughout much of his life. We speak with Harburg’s son, Ernie Harburg, about the music and politics of his father. Then we take an in-depth look at The Wizard of Oz, and hear a medley of Harburg’s Broadway songs and the politics of the times in which they were created.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Greetings Citizens of the world, this is Anonymous.
It has come to our attention that the Turkish government want to prosecute a hacker group called Redhack, they are accused of being a "terror organisation." Prosecutors will demand up to 24 years imprisonment for people who have no connection to Redhack.
They opposed and carried out actions against rapes, out of date milk distributed to school children, which resulted in 100's being poisoned, and the country being prostituted to the capitalists. They opposed child pornography, internet censorship, and brutal government opposition. Lately, they have been viciously attacked by the Fascist Turkish State because they share information which already belongs to the people. The most significant of these attacks is the one that has been levied against innocent people who have no link to Redhack. These people, who have shared information on social media about these actions, are now held for ransom, solely in order to demonise Redhack and cut their support.
Redhack openly declared that Duygu Kerimoglu, Ugur Cihan Okutulmus and AllaatinKaragenc are not their members. Nor are the seven others, on bail.
We implore the public to give their support to these innocent people. We call on all hacktivists, activists, freedom defenders, human rights organisation to demand an end to the restraints imposed on these three innocent people on remand, and the seven others on bail.
No matter how dark it may seem, no matter how alone and abandoned you may feel know that over 9 thousands of us in Anonymous are with you and working tirelessly around the clock to bring you every assistance. To the people of Turkey and Redhack, know that Anonymous stands with you in this fight.
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
IRC: == irc.anonops.com channel #Op4RedHack || WebChat http://webchat.anonops.com channel #Op4RedHack ==
For more intel: http://www.cyberguerrilla.org/blog/?p=7766
- Cartoonist Alan Moore, the Guy Fawkes Mask, and Occupy Wall Street
- 'The History of Oil - by Robert Newman
- Can Dialectics Break Bricks?
- Riots or revolt? - An insight into why Greece is now in flames
- Salvador Dali expounds on his 'Paranoiac Critical Method' philosophy
- The Last Roundup
- The Merchant of Death: Basil Zaharoff
- UPDATED: Warriors out of their minds: Drugs of choice for super soldiers
- Holocaust Deniers - a growing club
- Smokey the Bear Sutra by Gary Snyder
- Twilight of the Psychopaths
- The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
- Jacques Ellul on Propaganda
Last Month's 13 Most Viewed Entries
- The pineal gland: Interface between the physical and spiritual planes?
- Uganda: Devil worship
- Obama and the Anti-Christ
- '1984: Grace Commission Report under Ronald Reagan showed IRS is a fraud that collects taxes for the Banking Dynasties'
- The Illuminated Ones
- Martial Law declared in United States
- Illuminati Occult Symbolism in The 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Israeli women take off clothes for Egypt “nude revolutionary” blogger
- The Bollywood star who nearly became Pakistan's First Lady
- Belgian Police brutality in action! Warning- this is upsetting
- Gregg Braden - A Field Exists That Connects Everything Together - The Ether Field
- Noble Gas Engine
- Hopi and Tibetan Buddhist Prophecies - The Connection